Tuesday 4 August 2009

Blogs united

Last weekend I travelled to Haddington for my first ever meeting with Evee, whose blog I have had a link to for a long time (and vice versa). Not only were we readers of each other's blogs though: Evee has been very generous in providing some valuable financial support for the Nepal Women's Development Trust and their NMV school in Kathmandu. It was high time that we met! So last weekend we met for lunch in Haddington (near Edinburgh) and then went for a tour of Lennoxlove House on the outskirts of the town. This is a fine old Scottish mansion house, currently the home of the Duke of Hamilton and his family. Evee does a great job of telling the story of the day on her blog, and so I won't attempt to give another version. We chose Lennoxlove because my Edinburgh neighbour, Fay, is a guide there and I had long wanted to take up her invitation to have a look around. It is certainly a special place and probably not as well known on the tourist circuit as it deserves.
This is a picture of the Fay, Evee and myself on the lawn after our tour. Thank you ladies for a really nice day - and to Evee again for all your support.

2 comments:

  1. I m pleased to hear that you are contributing for the empowerment of women in Nepal. Its true that many Nepalese women are deprived of their basic rights as well. They must be given good opportunities so that they can come across the miserable condition being like hell. Actually I m a student of Media in Kathmandu University. I have sensed that even Nepalese Media are responsible for the low status of women in Nepal. In future I will be doing something creative for the uplifting the status of the women. I think people should be made aware that women should be given equal opportunities like the men.
    I like your blog and I will be reading you in future as well. Finally, thanks a lot from Nepal for your kind cooperation and contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan.
    Glad to be able to help where I can.

    ReplyDelete