Tuesday 2 June 2009

Hanoi to Bangkok

I'm successully installed at the Rambuttri Village Inn in Bangalamphu -- the same place I stayed for a few days last year. It has the special benefit of a rooftop swimming pool, where I hope to chill out a bit over the next few days. Later today I will be checking out what the chances are of changing my return flights. Ayumi is in the nearby Merry V, but we are still travel buddies and had breakfast together this morning before a walk along the local riverside.
Our last day in Hanoi turned out to be very enjoyable. Our new friend Trang showed us round the museum of Vietnamese ethnology. She and Hien have both been extremely kind and helpful in many ways these last few days and have helped leave us with a very positive view of the Vietnamese people.
PS. Congratulations to Air Asia for another flight where they simply take off on schedule and land 10 minutes early - without blowing any fanfares!

No comments:

Post a Comment