Saturday 6 June 2009

He came, he saw, he did a little shopping!


















Well it's my last day in Thailand for the time being. My return flight leaves Bangkok at 20 minutes past midnight, and so I have a bit of time to fill after my late checkout and before I have to head for the airport. I have done a little bit of chilling by the pool here as planned, but it seems that I have spent much of the time in Bangkok browsing around some of the gigantic markets here - mainly Chinatown, Chatuchak, and the Kao San Road. I was on a mission - to get one of the anti-mosquito electric tennis racquets I'd seen in China - and I finally found what I was looking for in Chinatown here. On the way I seem to have picked up a few odds and ends that weren't on any list. These places are something else and certainly put the Glasgow Barras in the shade.

Yesterday Ayumi departed too - for Chiang Mai in northern Thailand, and I look forward to staying in touch and hearing about her progress.


Here are a few pictures of the Chatuchak market, Chinatown, a view from the riverbus, and a farewell drink with Ayumi, Jean and Dadao. And that's me with the new mosquito racquet. It won't be long now before I can test its effectiveness against the Scottish midgie. If trials are successful I anticipate a lucrative new import business!



So long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment